City ordinances are adopted by the City Council pursuant to Michigan law. The City has codified a majoirty of our ordinances, and they are available at the link below. The Code of Ordinances contains the following information:
- General Provisions
- Buildings and Building Regulations
- Community Development
- Fire Prevention and Protection
- Land Divisions and Subdivisions
- Municipal Civil Infractions
- Parks and Recreation
- Peddlers, Solicitors and Transient Merchants
- Solid Waste
- Special Assessments
- Streets, Sidewalks and Certain Other Public Places
- Traffic and Vehicles
The Zoning Ordinance is located on the Community Development and Zoning page.
The City's Policy Book are policies that are adopted by City Council but that don't have the force of law like an ordinance does.