Location: 3233 Alpine St, Dexter, MI 48130
Months of Operation: May - October
Hours of Operation: Sat. 8 am - 1 pm; Tues. 2pm - 6pm
Farmers Market Manager: Samantha Rofloc
Sign Up To Receive Market E-Mail Updates
The City of Dexter Farmers Market marks its 15th year in 2021 at our covered site in historic downtown Dexter! The City of Dexter Farmers Market is excited to bring you fresh, local food and crafts in a modified format during COVID precautions. Farmers markets are an essential part of the local economy and food system, and as such, we will follow protocols similar to grocery stores:
- Please continue to wear a mask!
- Please only send one person from your household to shop,
- Wash your hands at our provided hand washing station (we also have hand sanitizer in the dispensers throughout the market).
- Sadly, one of the most important messages we will be sending is: please do not linger.
- We will be allowing 20 customers into the market at a time, so please come with a patient mind, in case there will be a wait. We also ask that you shop quickly to make space for the next customer.
- The market is fenced and the traffic flow will be one-way running North to South. Please enter at the gate closest to the library and exit toward Main st. Don't worry, there will be plenty of signs to let you know what to do.
- You will see very little product out on the tables, which will be missing any fabric decorations, but rest assured that we will have lots to sell you.
- Remember that the vendor is an expert in their field. Now is a great time to ask them to pick for you! Please only touch what you will buy.
SNAP, PEBT, Double Up Food Bucks, WIC Project Fresh, and Senior Project Fresh
Many residents have needed to sign up for food assistance benefits during the pandemic and we are happy to welcome you to the Dexter Farmers Market! Don't be shy to have us walk you through anything you need to know to get healthy food on your table, utilizing your Bridge or PEBT card, or Project Fresh coupons.
The DFM has secured a Double Up Food Bucks grant, which matches customers' charges on their Bridge cards. For example, you can come to the market and charge $30 to your SNAP card with the market manager and receive wooden tokens that can be spent on approved items with any qualifying vendor (they will have signs on their booths indicating what forms of payment they take). In addition to those tokens, Double Up Food Bucks will match you $30 (for this example) for the charge you made on the EBT card. DUFB will match any amount you charge your SNAP card (unlimited!) in $2 increment aluminum tokens. These are free of charge, but can only be spent on fresh fruits and veggies. This means your SNAP tokens can be saved for:
- Fruits and vegetables;
- Meat, poultry, and fish;
- Dairy products;
- Breads and cereals;
- Other foods such as snack foods and non-alcoholic beverages;
- Seeds and plants, which produce food for the household to eat.
Have you ever envisioned yourself as an entrepreneur, charming people at the market? Is your vegetable bed enough to feed an army? We have an open application deadline and welcome new vendors anytime of the year. Please fill in an application found on the menu.
Thank you for continuing to support the DFM and local area farmers and business owners! We look forward to serving you for another summer season!"