City Annual Budgets and Financial Audits
The City's fiscal year runs from July 1st through June 30th of each year. A public hearing on the budget, as well as millage rates and utility rates, is held in June for the upcoming fiscal year. Then the finance staff creates a budget document, generally available in late July/early August, which gives detailed information about the City's plans for the upcoming fiscal year.
The City has received the Distiguished Budget Award from the Government Finance Officers Association, the national organization for public financial management, every year since it was first submitted for Fiscal Year 2008/2009.
The purpose of the audit is to make sure that the City is complying with all rules and standards as set forth in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, by the Government Accounting Standards board, and by state and federal law.
After the end of each fiscal year, the independent auditing firm of PSLZ LLC performs an audit of the City's financial records. Audits are recorded no later than December 31st of each year with the Michigan Department of Treasury. Current and past audits are linked below. They are also available on the Department of Treasury's website.
City of Dexter Annual Budgets
- Fiscal Year 2019/2020 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2018/2019 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2017/2018 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2016/2017 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2015/2016 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2014/2015 Budget - (Applicable to both the Village of Dexter and the City of Dexter, due to mid-year change in status.)
- Fiscal Year 2013/2014 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2012/2013 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2011/2012 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2010/2011 Budget
City of Dexter Financial Audits